It is the duty of the healthcare professional to ask nonjudgmental assessment questions about Cannabis use, provide unbiased information, and help guide the patient to use it wisely. Physicians currently cannot prescribe CBD, however the better informed they are, the more they can help improve adherence to healthy behaviors.
As a doctor, important considerations for medicinal CBD use includes:
•Be open and non-judgmental in the dialogue with patients to keep communication open
• Be aware of the legal issues in your state • Provide legitimate and fair websites and clinical education to patients to research on their own
• Help patients be aware of drug to plant interactions, side effects and risks of addiction.
• Set goals and safety parameters if using CBD products
• Consider a treatment agreement
• Be mindful of addiction, abuse and mental health issues
As a patient, you should consider:
• Use a CBD product made from organically grown hemp
• Look for full or broad spectrum CBD
• Require transparency from your CBD company
• Keep CBD products out of reach of children
• Ask for test results and studies from manufacturers
• Utilize Independent Certifications when comparing product companies
• Look for companies that test for pesticides and heavy metals
*Not Medical Advice
Shop Our Lab-Tested, Pharmacist- Formulated Full Spectrum Oils Now!